What signs and symptoms did you experience with cataracts? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Teresa-27200, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 28

During my cataract surgery I seemed to end up with a hole in my eye. He was only able to get 90 percent of my cataract out, now it’s been little over a month. I have to have a 2nd surgery by another eye doctor because I still see floaters. One of them which is the other 10 percent of my cataract is a big floater that freaks me out when I see it go floating in my eye, thinking it’s a bug or something. But I also see a film of blurriness. Supposed to have been an uneventful situation but this has been very eventful.

Comment from: Shirish, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: July 28

I could keep my eyes open when in a Concert Hall, where the stage is white and lit by bright lights and the audience is in dark with no lights. There was also some powder-like discharge from the eyes in the morning, but I have no Conjunctivitis. Eyes start watering slightly when looking at the stage for long time, as in a conference. However, my vision is good with specs and I can read N/6 comfortably. I got my Eyes checked yesterday and my Ophthalmologist said that I have Cataract in both the Eyes, but do not require removal now. I have to check up after 6 months. I have no Diabetes and do not smoke, drink or take Tobacco in any way.

Comment from: PATIZ, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 12

I am 67 years old and just found out that I have very small cataracts. Since I was told this, I have experimented with different angles of vision and found that if I turn my head some to the right or left, I can see much better than straight ahead.

Comment from: Scottie H, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 06

I received LASIK correction 12 years ago, providing 20/10 since. Overnight nearsighted problems began to occur in left eye. It was corrected with lens, but after three weeks the foggy window syndrome started, halos, sun, and headlight sensitivity with extremely poor depth perception. After two follow up optometrist visits, I am now on my way to surgeon for sudden onset, rapid progression posterior cataract treatment.

Comment from: joachim, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 10

My night vision became so bad I was scared to drive at night. Depth perception was pretty bad, but I wasn't aware of it until tested. My optician called the cataracts "rapidly-progressing," saying there had only been a "slight haze" the previous year. Laser surgery was a snap and I can drive without glasses now. I have to use readers for near vision.

Comment from: Tom, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: July 19

After surgery for cataracts, one eye is fine the other eye is blurred. At first they said I had a scratch and now they want to get new glasses. I bought new glasses two months after surgery, but now they want me to get stronger ones.

Comment from: DON From Livonia, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 11

Had cataracts removed and I had lenses put in. Now I have black banana shape areas where my peripheral vision should be. Had a retinal exam and I was told my eyes were fine. Nobody seems to know what the problem is.

Comment from: mom73, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 12

I knew I was experiencing a "fuzzy" image in the eye that had never been corrected, but until I saw the ophthalmologist, I wasn't aware how predominant it was. Apparently the other eye was "compensating" for the cataract problem.


Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis) Symptoms, Causes, Treatments See Slideshow

Health Solutions From Our Sponsors